Molly has kept both my husband and myself running as we both fought to save Molly’s life. For the past week, we made the decision to override the Vet’s attitude of: “Well, when she stops peeing, bring her in to be euthanized.” (yes that was really said!) to dive off the cliff into the Great Unknown. As we did, we turned to Homeopathy and herbs that (with Hope held high), would turn Molly around.
I am deliberately not revealing what we used or how or in what dosage, because I will not be responsible for anyone to think, well, if Amy and her hubby did it for Molly, I can do it for my cat who has CHF. I will not take that responsibility because unless you know what in the heck you are doing and you have studied Homeopathy for years as we have done, you are playing Russian Roulette. And even when you do know what you are doing, you still play Russian Roulette.
For days, we scrambled at the speed of Light. Molly first was given the “gunshot approach” of combining 3 Homeopathic Remedies to pull off excessive fluid. We had to figure out if all three were compatible, and at which dosage to give as well as how many times to give them. The biggest clue for me was in observing Molly as to how she reacted to each administration of these Remedies, praying that I did interpret what she was saying to me, correctly.
We did pull off excessive fluid in the amount of TWO pounds. Now for an 11 pound cat that is a LOT of fluid and when I weighed her yesterday I was shocked to my core! How Molly is alive even is totally beyond me. At that point we had to make the decision which of the three Remedies to stop giving. Gradually we stopped two, leaving only one to give.
We also have been using a strong effusion of dandelion tea which Molly has been getting for a diuretic.
Today she is ONE pound heavier then she was yesterday, which to me looks better on her and is probably more her real weight. Now the challenge lies in keeping this fluid off of her pleural sac and abdominal cavity which the Lasix alone was no longer doing. Yes she remains on her allopathic medications with me decreasing her heart medication 1/2 the prescribed dosage. This action alone plus another Homeopathic Remedy Molly received last night has put her heart rate back within the normal range for a cat. Up until then it was too low, only 120 beats per minute.
Molly’s respiratory rate is beginning to show signs of decreasing and getting stronger. Now we are focused on one, keeping the fluid off of her, two, strengthening and toning her heart muscles, and three, nourishing and healing her kidneys. Some of you who practice within western medicine might say this is just not possible. Well, what we have done this past week is not possible according to western medicine, so we are just going to keep going.
I am sure of one strong message Molly kept giving me. “Mom, I am not yet ready to leave.” And you know what, she is right and I interpreted correctly. Now we wait for the Ayuredic herbs from India that are on their way and, keep giving her only one Homeopathic Remedy with the dandelion tea in conjunction with Lasix to keep encouraging the fluid to stay off. The one heart Remedy we gave last night was supposed to be given in three doses, but Molly got “so worse before she got better” that the scare she gave me, made me tell hubby no more. One dose is all Molly required.
The photo above was taken with an ISO of 800 and with an f/stop of 2.8, so it is not the best quality picture. It was taken this morning just before breakfast. I did not have time to change the settings when I grabbed my camera because with Molly, you blink and she is gone. I had attempted to get some pictures of her last night as she cleaned herself after eating. It was after the sun had set so only lights were on in the house. My Canon does not take really good pictures in low light settings. Hence, the reason I used the settings that were on my camera this morning.
Well, with this update it is time to celebrate! How will I? I am heading for bed for an hour or so before I have to get up to feed my other cats. Then I will probably head back to bed. Folks, I am truly exhausted, yet with a huge relieved smile on my face! I am leaving comments open on this post, yet again, I have no promises as if they will be responded to by me. Know however I will read them and convey all the good wishes to Molly and to my husband.
In closing, I thank each and every one of you who sent Love, Prayers, and Energy to Molly and me. I especially thank my dear friend, Irene who went far and above what anyone could have asked. Bless ALL of you for your support and your Love at this incredibly stressful episode of our Lives. I send my Love to all of you!!!
Photography/ “Molly Chooses Life” 2015©AmyRose